monday mornings with surie


my grandma suki teaches 3th grade
my sister sylvie is in 3th grade
my grandma is my sisters 3th grade teacher
but thats besides the point
my cute mom goes in every monday
to help out in their class
doing things like spelling, math, art projects, etc..

this leaves me the babysitter in the mornings
where i get to spend time with little
surie punk a doodle

she woke up this morning grumpy
so did i
we both didn't want to get out of bed
so she climbed in my bed with me
& we snuggled instead
when we snuggle she doesn't stop talking
she thinks this is her time to chat my ear off
most mornings this can be super annoying
but not today
i loved it
she told me stories
& sang me songs
& we laughed
a lot

we ate breakfast
& watched phineas & ferb
she knows the whole theme song
... okay fine, so do i
i got her dressed
but she ended up taking off her skirt
she just wanted to chill in her leggings
(like big sister like little sister)

it was gloomy outside so we made hot coco
& drank it out of pink straws

it was a good day
even though we both had our grouchy pants on
for most of the morning

someone asked me the other day
what my favorite day of the week was
& i didn't know
but i really think it is mondays
when i get to have my soso/ surie bonding time
i just love that little girl to pieces
more than anything
she is my best friend

(as of right now im talking to her on the phone-
im up stairs & she is down stairs
i want her to come up to take a picture with me but she wont)


5 comments:

heather said...

Just wanted to give you a little reminder that your grandma teaches 3rd grade and Sylvie is in 3rd grade. Bye! :)

Julie said...

awww Suri is too cute! You are such a great sister to her and all of your siblings. I hope Owen will be like you. Give that little one a squeeze for me!

Julie said...

woops! I just realized I spelled her name wrong! Sorry!! ;)

sophie weichers said...

hahaha thanks heatherrrr! whoooppps!

Madi Bringhurst said...

this is to die for! you are so cute soph, i cant get over you!