a few random things on my mind




1. i love the emails i get on mondee
2. people shouldn't get so worked up about the little things. relax people & enjoy life. stop making such a fuss about what other people do
3. seeing friends i haven't seen in a while makes me very happy
4. i hate cramps & endometriosis. thank you mother nature.
5. im obsessed with the words- obsessed. gem. dearly. lovely. seriously. eek. yay & woot.
6. tiny wings is taking over my life
7. i am so ready for summer. i don't mind the rain- but the snow today.. really?
8. we accidently dyed my hair dark but i actually really love it
9. i need a job. in a salon preferably. or being a nanny. or both
10. im pretty sure i can add milk to the long list of food allergies. ehhh
11. i just had to do something really hard to a really good person and i still feel sick about it
12. the suspense for the bachelor next week is killing me. bahhh im so excited
13. i have made some really good friends the past few months & i love them dearly
14. i love the fact that my cute cousin cailey hangs out with me & my friends now
15. deep chats/ skype sessions make my life complete
16. babysitting my great grandma is a adventure in itself. she is hilarious
17. i like inspiring people who do things because thats who they are not because they are trying to prove something
18. having a bff thats a guy makes all the difference sometimes
19. i am seriously missing a few people in my life right now
20. who really cares how many people follow your blog. its not a contest
21. if you don't watch ellen everyday. you should. she is too freaking funny
22. i hardly ever cry about my personal life but when i watch shows or movies i swear i cry in every single one i see
23. charleston chews are so yummy. so what if i maybe bought 10 boxes of them the other night
24. my cute friends are weird & hilarious and we do funny things
25. i like hanging out with my grandma jill & love the fact that almost everyday all my aunts are at her house
26. i really want a baby & maybe a husband. but really just a baby
27. i kinda sorta maybe miss living in provo. ahhh shocking. i know
28. when i see boys being nice & sweet to little kids. bam. game over. they have won my affection
29. i've been thirsty for days but i refuse to drink tap water & we have been out of h2o bottles
30. & lastly- i really really really get sick of people gossiping & judging others. i know im not perfect at it either. but mannn alive. some people are just too good at it its gross. who cares what they wear. or how they do their hair. who cares if they don't have the same taste in music as you. so what if their teeth are yellow. get over the fact that they aren't like you. people are different & you may not like what you see but obviously they do so give them a break. no one is perfect & everyone goes through hard things in their life. stop judging them. like i said im not the best at this either but after this weekend of seeing millions of things unfold in front of me from people judging others- i made it a goal for myself to be better at not judging others or better yet having a little more compassion & charity towards others. shouldn't we all?

about a year ago i had to give a talk in church about charity- the pure love of christ right?
well when charity first comes to mind most would probably think of things such as giving money to the poor, feeding the hungry, taking care of the sick etc. those are all true and examples of charity but i decided to talk about another aspect of charity. how charity is perhaps in many ways a misunderstood word. real charity is not something you give a away- its something you acquire and make part of yourself. perhaps the greatest charity comes from when we are kind to each other. when we don't judge or categorize someone else. when we don't gossip. when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt. charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses and shortcomings. having patience with someone who has let us down or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we would have hoped. charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. charity is excepting the best of each other and not judging one another. there will always be those days where we want to bash, judge, or be mean to someone else but maybe we should take into consideration the saying the bunny uses in bambi- "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Don't waste your breath people. it is only going to demean others, hurt their feelings, ruin relationships & hurt your own self esteem & honestly it makes you look bad. if we could all just look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, i think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance & care. think about it.

anyways. thats enough rambling for the night.
"everyone has a secret they haven't shared. everyone has a past no one's heard about. everyone has talents that people don't notice. everyone has weaknesses hidden inside. everyone has a story left untold, so never start judging someone thinking you know them back to front. because the truth is, you probably don't."
xo

4 comments:

chloee said...

this made my day :) i loved it. thank you. and yes i love monday emails as well :) love you

Cailey & Brady said...

Ha I love you and this random list. Thanks for reminding me I need to be better!! Love you and love that you and your friends have taken me in. Makes me soooo happy:)

Madi Bringhurst said...

Soph! I need to be better at reading your blog! I feel like I need to start from the beginning and read them all! But I seriously loved this one :) You are so right about charity. I gave a lesson on that in Gospel Doctrine yesterday, and it has been something I've been thinking about the last week. You said it perfectly. I love you to death and really want to catch up and hear about what you have been up to! You and your girls, and me and some of mine should all get together for lunch! xoxo

Shawnee said...

i love this. :)