happiest of new years.







I love the fact that we get to celebrate a new year. Out with old and in with the new. NEW. Its such a refreshing word. Its a time when we are reminded that things can change, and we can feel like we have a fresh start. Every day is a chance to be better version of ourselves, and learn and grow. Every year that we get older is an opportunity to let go of the things that hold us back or make us feel bad about ourselves, feel more comfortable in our own skin, and be able to laugh at ourselves in a way we couldn’t before. It’s so easy to focus on what we don’t have, the mistakes we made, and hold on to the past and the people who let us down. Its not that we have to forget about our past experiences, and we should never regret them, because its those experiences in life that remind us that we are alive to the fullest degree, and we have a lovely life to live. But with the new year, the trick to happiness is appreciating what we do have, accepting change and being able to let go of the past. Setting goals for ourselves, meeting new people, taking chances, loving ourselves for who we are, having new experiences and realizing that life, amidst all its up and downs, isn't so hard after all- in fact its pretty amazing. We realize that there are better things out there for us, we can be excited for all the new adventures that await us, and we can have that fresh start that we all so desperately need. That I so desperately need.




Predictions
Since junior high and all through our first year of college, my friends and I would make predictions for the new year. What boys we would kiss, places we would go, who would get married first, etc. We would write them down and keep it safe and read them the next year to see how many we got right. It was such a fun tradition and its even more fun to have passed that tradition on to my sister and her friends. This year I am making my own prediction list for myself. This year is going to be all about Sophie. I have a billion things I want to do, places I want to see, and goals I want to achieve. I have big plans for 2012 and I am predicting it is going to be the best yet. And its my golden birthday this year on January 22, so its bound to be a good year right? A golden year. Its true about what they say ya know.. the older you get the wiser you become. I believe it. 


If you're having a hard time coming up with 
new years resolutions you might want to consider this.
 I added it to my list. Living the Abundant Life
Click HERE


Happy New Year
xo

3 comments:

susan said...

You go girl!!

Kylee said...

Soph, your like reaallllly good at writing. And Im Glad i was able to start this year of 2012 with you! And I know your going to have a good year too.. and im excited to be your partner in crime with you on some of the adventures we have planned.

Robyn Palmer said...

Love this post. I can't wait to watch your fun year unfold. Love you!